Thursday, July 07, 2005

the life i knew
















I got an email this morning from one of my vice deans, telling us she was moving out of the faculty.
In the email, she conveyed her goodbyes and explained where she was heading to.
No, we're not close. She even once mis-introduced me as a Filipino to a guest delegate at our school function.
So the email was more of a mass message to all students.
Its just that I didn't expect her to be moving out, she was such a part of the school.

Well, just like I didn't expect many other people I know to be moving in and out of places.

Yeah, actually...reading her email this morning, I just realized how so many people I know are moving and changing positions/locations/etc this very instance.
Well, maybe its always been like this. Maybe I just realized it. Or maybe its the phase in life that people are going through right now, yet these are people from totally different age groups..(?). So maybe its Singapore? Or....maybe it just is.

Thinking again, there's so many people that if i think about it now...are in totally different places than where they were a year or two ago.
Then again, there are those that have and seem to be in that one same place, for quite some time. Yet, you never know.

Come to think about it...I've also been one of those people moving here and there, all of a sudden doing this and then that...continously for a number of years; making people wonder....'hey...what's with the new email address, and the new phone number. You've moved, again?'

And now, staying put in one place and doing one same thing for more than a few months (yes, sometimes I am that bad...but usually the move was inevitable) I can see all these dynamic shuffles, people moving from one place to another.
Some even going back to the same square, and some totally moving to a different place all together.

One thing for sure, better get people's contact details and try to keep in touch, cause you never know what news they'll bring in a month's time.

Seems like you can't t really treat the present as an ongoing thing,
cause it just isn't.

-moenlite-
[revising her contact lists...]

ps: my flatmate's boyfriend is here, tidying up the flat (yes, I am double happy for that *grin*) since she's coming back tonight. How sweet... :)
(I can even hear him whistling to some tune.... ;)

*picture:
The Journey of Time, Andre Harry

No comments: