on a night like this
Had a nice small family reunion when I was home last week. Wasn’t really planned for actually, yes...things just seemed to fall into place.
My eldest brother and family was in town, my second brother arrived in time (his wife is still in Jakarta at the moment, finishing her masters), unfortunately my third brother had to miss this, but luckily his wife and son have not yet flown out so they were there. Plus...my cousin and her family was unexpectedly there (though reason being an unfortunate one_her father in law passed away, God rest his soul_their presence was truly a long awaited one); and of course my other cousins and uncle and aunts in Jakarta that I truly miss and love to meet every time I get a chance to.
The night was lovely.
If one were to noticed closely, they'd realize that those present were actually a mix of both my mom and dad’s side, without really being able to tell the difference. Even I had always assumed it was all one big family and not a combination of two. When I was younger I had assumed this was because both my parents come from the same place, and had sort of known each other’s family. But come to think of it, the more I noticed that even as my family expanded (with 'new' family members originating from various places), that blend was still there. And I truly feel grateful for that. No *this is from my mom’s side, I’m closer to them*-*this is from my dad’s side, I’m closer to them* kind of issues. Thank God :)
Well, I hope its not too ambitious to wish that I can someday pass that on to my future generation, who knows :)
-moenlite-
[still sensing the delicious nasi uduk and dishes from that night...hmmmm :)]

No comments:
Post a Comment