coming home?

Sometimes you can be really really blessed, even when things don’t really seem to be turning your way.
After two years spending Ramadhan and Iedul Fitri far away from home—even though I was only separated by a 1.5 hour flight. Living even further now, I was almost certain that this would lead to more Ramadhans away from home.
But, good thing I was wronged.
Having to attend a huge meeting *at least in the eye of the host* in my previous domain, thus seeing the opportunity to schedule meetings in my own home town-yes, its actually for work, and yes, certainly paid and planned for, no complains here :)- I later on realized that the timing was just perfect...(at least for me :).
I get to spend around 2 weeks of Ramadhan at home.
Yes, in terms of work, it might be a bit tricky to arrange meetings and all; but since I refuse to accept that fasting reduces productivity (though I only have control over myself, of course) I hope there’s a way to make things happen in timely manner.
Not that I don’t appreciate the fact that I can enjoy even more time back home, but...one, I must look after the main interest of my work (no I’m not a workaholic, I’m just trying to be responsible and work for my earning’s worth), and two...somehow I’m starting to realize that now, this city is where vacations or missions take place, and that this city is where I actually reside.
Interesting, since this is something pretty new to me, but I guess its part of growing up.
Yes, life can really amaze you sometimes :)
-moenlite-
*picture, by Richard Ross

No comments:
Post a Comment