Wednesday, December 15, 2004

unfolding time



Vacationing back home--especially if its for a long period--is always a good opportunity to get together with old friends.
You somehow then realize that people seldom get together even when they’re in the same place, so they also embrace the opportunity to meet up and gather.

I just had (one of) my elementary school reunion. Well it was only 5 of us, but boy did we indulge ourselves in reminiscing old memories, old friends, new news, etc. It was great fun.
During my 6 years of elementary school, I went to 5 different schools (yes, f-i-v-e.. :) ), and this was the school that I graduated from, and am among the few that still live in the neighborhood (most of them had moved out of the area). And it gave me an even bigger sense of ‘home’, now that I’m coming back for this holiday.

We went to Plaza Senayan for coffee, ended up eating at its Food Court, and when we realized that it would close soon, we decided to go to Kenny’s house and chat some more. We ended up staying until 12.30am, and that was only because one of us had to get up early for work (definitely not me hehehe).
So we said our goodbyes and promised to keep in touch (somehow I felt that we all really meant our words).

It was great fun, and as a friend once said, I wouldn’t have spent the night differently ;)

Here’s to celebrating old memories and making old friends new!
Cheers!

-moenlite-

1 comment:

Wira said...

Nice to read the story, people said the older the higher the value. Have a refreshing vacation moen :-)