unspoken legacies

I see his eyes
And I remember those memories we had
Those walks to school
Those silly remarks I made that I can do things on my own
Those expressions he had wondering if he should let me try
I see his arms
And I remember happiness we shared
Moments we cherished and spent
When he’d throw me up high
Make me fly
Carry me strong
And make me feel safer than any other place on earth
I’d hear his voice
And I’d think of his words
Those that I’d resist to believe
Those that have proven its truth
And those that have guided me through
I look at him
And I see patience, I see strength and I see wisdom
Those that I’d wish would last eternity and hopefully accumulate in me...
-moenlite-
a very lucky daughter...
[for my Abah]
*picture:
Father and Daughter
[shades]

No comments:
Post a Comment