Tuesday, October 11, 2005

doing a random head count











How many friends do you have?
Can you count?
For those that cherish the element of social interaction in their lives, I bet they can count on and on and on without knowing when to stop.
Then again, you’d say, well, you need to divide these people into different categories, best best friends, good friends, colleagues, acquaintances, etc.
Then you wonder, what would all these people categorize you as? A friend? A random acquaintance? Someone they happen to tell their whole life story to? Hmmm...
Actually I don’t usually think about this too much. A friend is friend, no fuss needed. Of course it seems that in different languages you can differentiate the word ‘friend’ into different ways. But that’s another story.

Actually I feel blessed, that besides my dear dear friends, my very good friends, there are those that I might not be spending too much time with, or meet very often. I might not even be considered as their ‘first circle’ in some ways...yet we would have an unspoken understanding that we are dear friends, and without any ‘maintenance' needed, whenever we call each other up for a cup of coffee, there’s an excitement to reach the time promised and chat till we can’t think of any other thing to say...which can be very late in the night :) unfortunately I don't have much of this pleasure, being far away from home. But then, ofcourse there's chances of making such friends here, and I do grateful with the friendships I am blessed here with.
Yes, life is an ongoing trail, and its always good to have friends to share a laugh or two with...

So, how many friends do you have?

-moenlite-
Happy Birthday to my dear best friend, Fitri :) May you always be blessed with wisdom, love and joy.

*picture, by David Rosenberg