in a time span
People say time runs fast when you’re having fun, but I think you only (really) note it runs fast when you face changes in your life. Yup, and for someone who’s ‘only’ 27 (wow, was almost going to write '26' hehehe...), I think I’ve been through more changes than what I would have wanted to go through.
Soon, a (rather) big change is about to happen (again). I’ll insya Allah be finishing my graduate studies soon, and heading back home. Can't believe 18 months went by so fast...
Yes, of course I’m happy...the whole ‘torture’ is coming to an end, and I’ll be able to spend some time enjoying home. ‘some time’? Yup...cause I can never tell what other changes might happen... :)
Yet, thinking about this more…I just realized that when I look at some of my close friends and family, they too have also gone through changes...and are quite in a different state than how I last recalled them to be.
F, best friend from college, had just finished her MBA in France and is now back in Jakarta looking out for work (or are you already starting one?) and enjoying time together with her husband. They got married almost 2 years ago. (February, right? I still remember :)
K, my high school friend, is now expecting her second baby, and at the same time enjoying her well established job in a quite prominent Indonesian bank.
D, my childhood friend, is now in Jakarta (was always sort ‘out of the country’ for years) and has a 3 year old son. We met up the other day when her husband, son and her, came by for vacation. That was lovely.
N, friend for life, just gave birth to a baby girl (I suspect drowning in so much happiness and terribly hectic life at the moment) and I think is still teaching piano. The baby was just lovely, and am looking forward to getting ’baby-sit calls’ when needed :)
E, high school buddy, is almost finishing med school (boy, was that long) and is happily dating his lovely girlfriend (I bet I’ll be getting updates soon when I get back :)
E, high school friend, is now doing her masters in a neighboring city, and working at the same time. I wish you all the best, dear.
D, is now busy teaching and and changed jobs some time ago. Definitely need to catch up.
Kak L, is now in Houston, with my lovely niece and nephew, doing her MBA and accompanying her husband who got stationed there.
And my brothers...they’re just scattered in different places. Feels weird actually, ‘cause I've been so use to having them around for years and years...then they got married, one by one…and living their own lives....but hey…getting sisters in return is sure a lot of fun :)
Am glad my Abah and Bunda are still 'the way they've always been', there for me.
Yup...can’t wait to get home and ‘absorb’ all this...
Cheers,
-moenlite-
[looking at which bunch of books to pack up first ;)]
*picture, by Steve McAlister

1 comment:
inisial K kok rada mirip gue yah...??? heheheh, except I am not that establish at my work now...hehehhehe...joking
Post a Comment