is it you or is it me?
Breath’s song was playing in the taxi as I was coming home from this art exhibition the town was having, and pretty much to my surprise the lyric caught my attention as I was telling the driver how to get to my place: ‘Yes, just the fastest way you can get there, Uncle’ (you know, just so that he doesn’t realize I’ve only been here less than what it takes to know the fastest route home and the fact that I have always been a bit disoriented….hmmm….too late, the guy was already smiling….:)
….
How can I fall, how can I fall
When you just won't give me reasons
When you just won't give me reasons at all
….
A random thought came through my mind.
which one comes first? Love or reasons?
Can’t you just simply fall, regardless…?
Is love that complicated?
Why wasn’t there a sign ‘not really proven in the real world’ on those Disney movies and fairytales about Snow white’s prince charming and all?
Back then, you’d think the only hassle you’d have would be your evil step mother, and that’s only if she had a talking mirror.
I guess they skipped the details so that you can test for yourself, and make your own novel.
Here’s one version:
Boy meets girl. Girl does not notice boy. Boy waves, girl glances and goes back staring at another boy whose already with another girl. So boy leaves girl and girl thinks, what if….’
Another one:
Girl sees boy. (same girl-same boy? different girl-same boy? You decide) Boy sees girl. Girl says ‘hi’, guy hears ‘bye’. Then girl AND boy thinks ‘what if…’ End of story? Perhaps, or in
Sounds familiar? Does this always happen? Of course not.
It’s usually a bit more complicated than this.
At least in my story board, there’s definitely more ‘what if’-s than that.
Growing up, we thought, there’d be signs. You know, like those neon signs saying ‘The One, 200m, turn left’. Yeah right. In reality, you only realize that that weird sign you saw hours ago might probably be the sign, yup, just after you had made a right turn, got lost and ended up in a one-way street. But again, you’re not 100% percent sure.
So, this gets me thinking. Maybe all those signs in my past were bits and pieces of a bigger sign. And these puzzle parts are to be kept, digested and added about as I walk my way and stroll along the streets of life. Then, perhaps and only perhaps, we’d be smart enough and not stubborn enough to realize that …hmmm…..realize what….?
Ooopss, sorry….forgot to tell you, I’m still strolling along….
What? You’ll tell me when you get there? Great, thanks, that would be lovely :)
-moenlite-
those not forgotten yet forgiven

No comments:
Post a Comment