Saturday, October 16, 2004

parts of me

Perhaps I can tell you the tale of my life
How all are there and construct these sights you see of me
And all that I pray for when night falls to sleep

Of father and mother and brothers I have
My new found sisters, who’ve become new delights in my days
and not to mention their children who have brought unspoken joy to our lives
………



My tale is a simple one.
I’m the youngest of 4. The only daughter. Bet you’re going to say I must have been spoiled. Well, not exactly :)
My parents’ lives were built and filled with struggling tales, and its these values that they’ve always pass on to us.
I believe it’s worked out pretty much, as we really do put tales of struggle in our highest admiration and make the quest to do our own. Because their tales are theirs and we are here to make our own.

Now us 4 siblings are pretty much alike. You can say we’re divided in to two-s, well at least this is how I’d explain it when I was little.
Two are darker the other two are fairer. Two are a bit wiser in terms of the heart, while the other two are not (am not going to tell you which different two-s these are :)
Two are married and two are not. Those married ones now have sons.
And my nephews have taken place the softest part of my heart.

My parents.
Hmmm, surprisingly are still very much crazy about each other (I never did appreciate this when I was younger). They’re really supportive to one another and somehow you can see that they keep the highest admiration for each other.
They’d go out and have these little trips together. No not those very fancy ones. Just trips to get some groceries, trying new places to eat, buying fruits around the corner. Its just like those that have just recently found each other, though my parents have spent like decades together. I wish I can have such stories for my kids to tell...maybe one day, maybe I might.

My nephews. One is 2 years old and one is 7 months old. The elder one is in Jakarta and the younger in Manila. Yes, these are from different brothers :)
Besides them, I also have 2 other ones that call me Auntie. But both of them are now in Houston, whose parents are my cousins.

Now my sister in laws are pretty much my age. And we get along very well, yup very well indeed. I have considered their families as my own, and I think its just wonderful how your sense of family grows that way. I feel blessed.

I also have friends that I grew up with. Not necessarily side by side, but those that know and share the history of my life. They are of 3 siblings that are all females, and I feel that somehow they have been my sisters.
Our mothers are friends and so are our dads. I’ve really appreciated and feel so blessed to have them in my life.

And of course there are those counsins, friends, and all that have brought so much in my life, and to those I am grateful for adding such colours in me.

I think you would need an army to go through life and take all challenges in sight.
Yes, you need an army of love.

And I feel so blessed to have mine.

Cheers!

-moenlite-

No comments: